AVIF have been promoting solar cooking to all hosts since 2006 and this video is a fantastic way of spreading the word. Asante sana, Catherine & SCI.
To arrange a demonstration of the cookers, please contact us by email.
The advantages of solar cooking are numerous, since they dramatically reduce :
– POVERTY – by educating and empowering communities, creating opportunities for them to earn extra money and even start their own business supplying or baking
– POLLUTION – by introducing more sustainable technologies and clean renewable energies for daily use
– DEFORESTATION – by lessening the need firewood
– DESERTIFICATION / LANDSLIDES – caused by clearing of trees and plants for firewood
– ILLNESSES CAUSED BY INDOOR AIR POLLUTION such as eye and lung diseases – by far more efficient stoves creating NO smoke
– ILLNESSES CAUSED BY CONTAMINATED WATER such as diarrhoea, parasites, cholera – by allowing simple water purification through solar heat
– HIGH FUEL COSTS FOR COOKING – therefore making income available for other foodstuffs or education
– TIME CONSUMING DAILY TASKS such as fetching wood for cooking